Rajasthan offers the most favoured destination for industries in India. The vast mineral resources, livestock, tourism potential coupled with the commitment of the Government offer a tremendous potential to the up coming industries.
The State has developed a strong Industrial Base where different type of Industries such as Agro based, Textile, Tourism, Ceramics, Chemical, Drug Formulation, Engineering, Electronic, and IT Sector have great potential.
Thrust Areas and Specified trade Zones
The thrust areas as well as the special purposes Industrial Complexes developed by RIICO for the State are as under:
Special purpose Industrial Complexes
/Popular Industrial Areas
Among the 244 Industrial Areas developed by RIICO in the State the prominent areas are:
Major Industrial Projects in Rajasthan
- Bhiwadi, Matsya, Shahjahanpur .
- Neemrana, Sitapura (EPIP), Bagru, Bassi, Heerawala .
- Malviya, Vishwakarma, Sanganer .
- Abu Road, Bhilwara .
- Udaipur , Jodhpur, Kota, Kishangarh .
Rajasthan has been identified to be a potential center for growth of industries by various Multinationals. Some of the important projects established in Rajasthan are as under:
- Samcor Glass Ltd. (Corning, US and Samsung, Korea)
- Ericsson Telecom (LM Ericsson, Sweden)
- Indian Shaving Products (Gillette, UK)
- Bausch & Lomb (Bausch & Lomb, USA)
- Climate Control Ltd. (Ford Motor Co., USA)
- Sicpa Ltd. (Sicpa s.a., Switzerland)
- Electro Lux India Ltd. (Electro Lux AB Sweden)
- National Engg. Industries Ltd. (NTN, Japan)
- Indag Rubber Ltd. (Ban-Dag Corporation, USA)
- Mico Bosch (Bosch, Germany)