Rajasthan offers the most favoured destination for industries in India. The vast mineral resources, livestock, tourism potential coupled with the commitment of the Government offer a tremendous potential to the up coming industries.
The Government of the State has targeted industrial growth rate of 12% by the year 2002. Great stress has been laid on development of quality and comprehensive infrastructure.
The State has developed a strong Industrial Base where different type of Industries such as Agro based, Textile, Tourism, Ceramics, Chemical, Drug Formulation, Engineering, Electronic, and IT Sector have great potential.
Thrust Areas and Specified trade Zones
The thrust areas as well as the special purposes Industrial Complexes developed by RIICO for the State are as under:
Special purpose Industrial Complexes
/Popular Industrial Areas
Among the 244 Industrial Areas developed by RIICO in the State the prominent areas are:
Major Industrial Projects in Rajasthan
- Bhiwadi, Matsya, Shahjahanpur .
- Neemrana, Sitapura (EPIP), Bagru, Bassi, Heerawala .
- Malviya, Vishwakarma, Sanganer .
- Abu Road, Bhilwara .
- Udaipur , Jodhpur, Kota, Kishangarh .
Rajasthan has been identified to be a potential center for growth of industries by various Multinationals. Some of the important projects established in Rajasthan are as under:
- Samcor Glass Ltd. (Corning, US and Samsung, Korea)
- Ericsson Telecom (LM Ericsson, Sweden)
- Indian Shaving Products (Gillette, UK)
- Bausch & Lomb (Bausch & Lomb, USA)
- Climate Control Ltd. (Ford Motor Co., USA)
- Sicpa Ltd. (Sicpa s.a., Switzerland)
- Electro Lux India Ltd. (Electro Lux AB Sweden)
- National Engg. Industries Ltd. (NTN, Japan)
- Indag Rubber Ltd. (Ban-Dag Corporation, USA)
- Mico Bosch (Bosch, Germany)
The State Govt. has introduced 'Interest Subsidy Scheme’ w.e.f. 01.04.1998. Under this scheme interest subsidy @ 2% on the documented rate of interest would be provided by the State Government till last date of repayment as per original repayment schedule fixed by the financial institution. The interest subsidy will be available to industrial units having investment in plant & machineries upto Rs. 60 lacs on the term loan sanctioned on or after 1.4.98. subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria. The scheme will remain operative till March 2003. The industrial units regular in making repayment to the financial institutions/banks will be eligible for obtaining this incentive.